Reiki for Exercise and Sports
REIKI by Isabella - PROMOTING HEALING, BALANCE, WELL-BEING AND TRANSFORMATION
RSS Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Shamanic Training: Me, A Shamanic Healer?
How I Became a Tarot Coach

Your Higher Self
powered by

My Blog

Reiki for Exercise and Sports

REIKI FOR EXERCISE AND SPORTS
by William Lee Rand

Reiki is a versatile healing method that has a wide range of applications. It’s able to promote healing and rejuvenation in every area of our lives. It’s also able to enhance creativity, improve motivation and increase productivity. Its use in exercise and sports activities is an area that hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves. Reiki can definitely improve the results you get from your exercise program and can enhance sports performance.
There are several ways it can do this. First of all, Reiki can help your muscles heal faster and more deeply after intense workouts thus helping them grow back stronger and resist injury.

According to a report from Lenox Hill hospital in New York, in order to increase the strength of your muscles, it’s necessary to work out at an intensity that causes muscles to have a burning sensation and become sore, then to rest or work out at a lower intensity during the following workouts which allows the muscles to heal. The soreness indicates that muscle cell damage has taken place, but when this happens, the damaged muscle cells release tissue growth factors which cause the muscle cells to grow back larger and increase in number as long as enough rest takes place to allow the muscles to heal. This repeated cycle of stressing the muscles through intense workouts followed by rest causes muscles to continue to grow stronger. Exercising at lower intensity following an intense workout rather than complete rest will cause muscles to heal in a way that creates greater resistance to injury.

It’s in the resting period that Reiki can really help muscles grow stronger. After an intense workout, lay down and rest right away and either get a Reiki session or give one to yourself, treating the muscle groups involved. This will provide a higher level of healing for the muscles which will supercharge the regeneration process causing the muscle cells to grow back stronger and increasing their number more so than without Reiki.
Another way Reiki can help your exercise and sports activities is in the area of injuries. These can include sprains, strained muscles, bruises, broken bones and even worse. When this happens, rest and sometimes even medical attention is necessary in order to heal. Here’s where Reiki really shines! Reiki will help all injuries heal faster. It will also reduce pain and create a more complete recovery. Regular Reiki treatments are recommended; daily sessions if possible. This can be accomplished using a combination of self sessions and session received from others. The faster you heal, the sooner you’re back in action and Reiki will speed up the process!

While playing volley ball I hit the ball too hard at a bad angle and sprained my wrist. It hurt and I was thinking I should leave the court, but began giving myself Reiki. I felt an immediate release in the wrist and it began to feel better. The ball came my way and I hit it with my good hand, passing it to another player and continued to give myself Reiki. It kept feeling better until it felt strong enough to use both hands. I continued to play and ended the game with no pain or weakness in my wrist at all. My team mates were amazed!

Considering the importance exercise has for maintaining our health and well-being Reiki can add a great deal to our quality of life when combined with exercise. The value is even greater for those involved in sports where the thrill of competition and team work provides additional benefits. Those involved in professional sports will find the use of Reiki even more valuable as improved performance improves job security as well as income. Let us be thankful for the amazing benefits the use of Reiki can bring into our lives.

32 Comments to Reiki for Exercise and Sports:

Comments RSS
Youth Sports Motivation on Monday, February 25, 2013 5:56 AM
Thanks for sharing the information regarding the sports management. I was not aware from this information. It is totally new for me. Keep sharing.

Exercise Therapy on Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:45 AM
Most welcome your tips for me. Since last some days I found this kind of tips and finally I got it here. Which is supportive me for complete my exercise fully. Carry on and stay with us. Thanks.

www.temp-control.com on Friday, March 15, 2013 6:52 AM

Cricket News and Updates on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:40 AM
Thanks for giving such a nice detail about the sports . This really important for a sports person. Thanks for posting.

http://www.sauc.com/ on Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:17 AM
Physical exercise is the best way to get relief of different kinds of diseases and it can improve health standards. I would like to thank you for discussing this important topic.

electrician los angeles on Monday, March 25, 2013 7:21 AM

internet marketing for contractors on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:04 AM

NCAA Football Picks on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:11 AM
Your blog is quite interesting i found it very informatic thanx for posting

Innotas on Saturday, April 06, 2013 5:25 AM

reusable bags frequently asked questions on Monday, April 08, 2013 5:45 AM

criminal attorney on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:05 AM

блекджек on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:21 AM

http://www.onts9.com on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:31 AM

http://www.slotmachine-gratis.it on Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:11 AM

www.branovercontractors.com on Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:00 AM

precast wall systems on Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:14 AM

http://www.cavallimania.it on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:38 AM

Isabella on Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:38 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and input on this topic. Please share stories of experiences you may have had with Reiki. I will continue to share with you all. Light and Love Isabella

tibet travel 2013 on Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:47 AM
Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Isabella on Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:37 PM
No problem. Actually the blog is connected to my website provided by VISTAPRINT. I hope this answered your question. Thanks. Isabella

shanghai tibet railway on Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:29 PM
This actually answered my drawback, thank you!

Sports Recovery Methods on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:11 AM
there is lots of information in this post about youth motivation i like your poat i am waiting for your new blog publish

obat untuk memperlancar haid lancar on Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:18 PM
It's hard to search out educated folks on this topic but you sound like you already know what you're talking about! ThanksrnrnIt's best to participate in a contest for the most effective blogs on the web. I'll suggest this website!

Arm Pain Treatment on Wednesday, March 02, 2016 3:33 AM
What a wonderful idea... I love to follow your articles.

Read More on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:48 AM
Reiki for Exercise and Sports is best for getting top performance.I am also working on it and also use my spin bike for cardio exercise.

Longboards on Monday, May 09, 2016 2:51 AM
We all heard a saying like "prevention is better then cure". This is exactly goes well with message therapy. Its an important part for modern sports player stay injury free.

Chronic Shoulder Pain on Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:28 AM
Today nearly all of folks are susceptible to numerous human body agony therefor your website truly help for all. Many thanks.

Rodela on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:34 AM
Hmm... Reiki is an important activity for not only a yoga-like person but also for a sports person. I believe all sports people should read the entirely of this post because it contains a lot of information. Thank you for this sort of post.

Hip Pain Treatment Relief on Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:22 AM
I must say this is quite interesting Information. It was very pleased to find this site. I want to thank you for this great read!!

Michael Troia on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:03 AM